Re: [OM] OT; landscape shots

Subject: Re: [OM] OT; landscape shots
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 13:14:03 -0300
>  I don't know what planet he took these on.  None of
>  them look like Earth to me.  None of them look like
>  home.
>
>  Am I alone?
>
>  Lamadoo

I've never tried velvia, but I hope this isn't what it produces. If it is,
guess I'll stick with Kodachrome 64. If I ever had slides come back from the
processor looking like this, I'd be quite disgusted. I tried Se*ttle Film
Works once, and they were almost that bad.
However, if they're manipulated in photoshop or something, that is perfectly
legitimate. We all, to some extent, produce photos of things quite different
than what the eye sees,  to our liking, whether it be time exposures of
moving water or daisies swaying in the wind, B&W photography, fish-eye
photos, multiple exposures, infrared, etc. If he likes it, fine by me.
Wayne