Re: [OM] Why I do it the analogue way...

Subject: Re: [OM] Why I do it the analogue way...
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:38:14 +0200
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 10:19:02PM +0200, Jochen Schiffler wrote:
> Winsor's posting made me think about why I like taking pictures with
> 'analogue' -especially mechanical- equipment.
>
> This doesn't make any sense... I'm young (kinda, 24), I'm an information
> scientist, I love all kind of electronics, I shoot primarily for web/pc. Why
> would I use analogue equipment? Ok, the price of digi SLRs is still out of
> bounds for me but there is more...
>
> 'What I like about analogue photography' ;-)

Especially after working with a PC, handling vitual buttons and leavers
via mouse, waiting for the desired reaction, trying this and
that to get what I want, nobody really knows what is wrong, when
something is not working now, but maye later...

After day´s like this I really enjoy my OM 1 even more. Moving
REAL levers, touching the button and instant reaction.
This is what I like. And when the sutter is not firing, I know
it was me, I know I have to operate the film advance lever,
and everything is fine again.
And when the slides are back, I know it was me, ... ;-)

I see the advantes of using new technology. But the drawbacks
of digital told me the qualities of my "old" camera again.

Frieder Faig