RE: [OM] I Passed! [Was Need Help on my Final!]

Subject: RE: [OM] I Passed! [Was Need Help on my Final!]
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:40:47 -0600
One must understand the history and reputation of Moscow, Idaho, USA, to
appreciate question number three. The town of Moscow, at one time, had the
highest per-capita beer consumption rate of any town in the United States.
The University of Idaho (in Moscow) and the Washington State University
(only nine miles away) totaled about 30,000 students drinking in a little
town of less than 15,000 souls. The combination of the thirsty students and
locals, anxious to do their share, created a very jovial continuous party
atmosphere. The professors at both universities applied rigorous grading
standards and more than a few budding students discovered the penalty
exacted by too much of the party life. I started frequenting those marvelous
watering holes at the age of 14 and consider it an important part of my
education. For the mandatory OM content, spring picnics, with lots of suds
and nubile young things, created excellent photo opportunities. Moscow was
originally named Hog Heaven, but that's another story. /jnm