[OM] Digi vs film--just an observation

Subject: [OM] Digi vs film--just an observation
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
I bought my first OM body (used, as was nearly ALL of my
equipment) in 1986 (or 87, my memory is a bit fuzzy).  I've
bought and sold a few other bodies through the years.  I've
bought and sold a lot of lenses too.

Yet, even when accounting for the occasional CLA, my investment
in OM equipment will bring what I have invested in it if I were
to sell it.  (granted, there is inflation, but that's another
story).

What is amazing is that my original equipment is still as viable
and usable today as it was 15 years ago.

Then I think about the computers I used 15 years ago.  I can't
count the number of computers I've gone through, and operating
systems, and versions of Micros*ft W*rd since that time.  Shoot,
I can't even get Nascar Racing 2 to work properly anymore.

I shudder to think of the number of cameras I would have gone
through over the past 15 years if digital would have been
available back then.  I am so thankful to have picked a system
when I did--it's really tough right now to pick a "system" that
you can feel comfortable that it will still be viable in five
years, much less fifteen.

End-of-thought.

AG-Schnozz