[OM] Re: OM extension tubes seen in the bay

Subject: [OM] Re: OM extension tubes seen in the bay
From: "Dean C. Hansen" <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:34:07 -0500
Brian recently noted:

"Hi

Extension tubes; look like the auto version; OM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1366501473

Just looking, no connection.

Brian"

    No, they look like the manual ones to me.  I'm holding my manual 14
and 25mm extension tubes, and they are exactly like the ones pictured on
the ++bay site.  It's deceiving, particularly with the 7mm tube, because
it looks in the photo that there is a moveable tab that would make it an
automatic extension tube.  Not so.  Someone who knows:  do the automatic
tubes have the extension length printed in red, or it even says "auto"
in front of the 7, 14, or 25?  Isn't there some simple way to tell the
manual from the automatic tubes just by looking at some feature on the
outside? These sure look like the manual tubes to me.
    Incidently, the seller carefully omits the word "auto" from the
description.  Does this tell you anything?
Dean