Re: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming - film choices

Subject: Re: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming - film choices
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 00:28:52 -0500
I wouldn't waste my time with 400 film - unless I wanted grainy pics for "effect". I might use 200 for poor light or casual snaps while say in that open top bus "on the move". Other than that I would stick with 100 ASA and under.

I generally have found that careful use of 50 ASA film (Fuji Velvia slide or Konica Impresa color print being current great examples) produces great results. But 100 is fine for general purposes, and Fuji Reala color print is another good current example.

But Kew Gardens and Fuji Velvia 50 (OR Konica Impresa 50) sound like a great combination. Just use a light tripod - mirror lock and timer - and bracket a half stop each way if in doubt.

Cheers,
Lee