[OM] OM2 with handicaps

Subject: [OM] OM2 with handicaps
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:05:43 -0400
<amazed> They used water-soluble ink on a camera? </amazed>

Lama

On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, at 01:50 PM, John Hermanson wrote:
Numbers scratched off shutter speed scale? Sounds
like tampering or water damage. Numbers are printed with water based ink
and it is common to see them runny or spread out in water damaged bodies.

For those following along at home, a few weeks ago, a paraphrased John Hermanson wrote:
on some OM-1 bodies, they used acid-core flux.

and some wise-acre named Lama said,
<amazed> They used radiator flux within a camera? </amazed>

ps, By the way, who chose thumbscrew for the metal hoods? We should string him up but of course we'd have to find a non-standard cord and attach it to a removable shoe which would soon crack.......