RE: [OM] Fill-in Flash with Olympus Flashguns

Subject: RE: [OM] Fill-in Flash with Olympus Flashguns
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:18:09 -0500
Although I am still waiting for my -4Ti to come back from the shop to
try out Thomas' chart, I have found in the past that the Super FP mode
can easily be fooled by bright backgrounds.  It is also dependant upon
distance, so lens choice is very important.  The 85/2 seems to work best
for this, but you need to get fairly close.  You can confirm this with
the distances on the chart.

I hope to do some more practical testing, and will post the results on
my site.  One thing that I am most fascinated with is the possibility to
blur motion using the flash....

<snip>

I was very impressed with Thomas' chart, but I'm in Joel's camp on this
one.  I just stick my F280 on an OM-4t, slap it on SuperFP and shoot
like the photojournalists do.  It does a great job at tidy-ing up the
shadows.
It's use was the primary reason I sold my OM4 and bought another OM4t.
It's a very nice product, well worth the fiddling for critical use.