Re: [OM] Query re OM10

Subject: Re: [OM] Query re OM10
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 22:36 7/13/02, you wrote:
> >Pete-
> >Keep your eyes open- we get a lot of lengthy and
> highly detailed
> >explanations here. John Lind comes to mind. He has
> provided volumes of help
> >both on and off list regarding technique and
> composition.
> [snip]
>
> Ummmm . . . gee . . .
>
> For basic composition, see my web site:
>    http://johnlind.tripod.com/
> Go to the section on "Basic Photo Technique."
> Save the "Science" techno-babble stuff for later.
>
> Best book I've seen for beginners:
> How to Take Great Pictures with Any Camera
> by Jerry Hughes
Seems I remember an article in Pop Photo a few years
back where young people (3-8years old?) were handed
one use cameras and, after some very basic instruction
were asked to "take pictures of things that make you
happy". The featured results were amazing. Seems like
young ones, without all the crazyness running around
in their brains often have clearer photographic vision
than those of us who have been at it for a good long
while.     John Robison