[OM] NATS photo results

Subject: [OM] NATS photo results
From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:47:44 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, I've managed to get a few photos scanned and
uploaded from my trip last weekend to Muncie, IN for
the National Radio Controlled Helicopter Competition.
Unfortunately, our scanner has some major problems.
My uncle gave me his old scanner, but forgot to give
me the proper power adapter.  I also didn't lock the
optics in place like you're sopposed to do before
transporting it, so it bounced around in my checked
luggage and probably got misaligned.  I don't think
that my Radio Shack 12v power supply is regulated well
enough, because my photos have this ugly rainbow
banding.

Anyway, please excuse the awful scan quality, it's all
that I have!  Here are 13 photos from my coverage of
the 2002 NATS.  I divided the pictures up into 2
catagories, aerobatics and scale.  You can see that I
struggled with fill flash and cluttered backrounds in
the informal awards ceremony, but the photos came out
better then the scans show (except for the clutter!
It was everywhere...)

Critiques and criticism are welcome, I know many of
you are a lot more experienced then I am and I'm
always looking to improve.

Ok, this should work, http://photos.yahoo.com/mbeels

Marten