Re: [OM] value estimation of 80mm macro + f=170mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] value estimation of 80mm macro + f=170mm lens
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:43:55 +0200
$300 if it is the new one, $200 if it is the old one.

Wow, so I got mine (manual, but marked "mc") very cheap then. Picked it up in a 2nd hand camera store here in Amsterdam for around $80. They had just priced it down $40 because it had been sitting on their shelves for ages. Looked and felt like new.

Are the auto and manual versions any different optically or is it just the aperture mechanism? I could never tell from the cross-section drawings.

Ton