Re: [OM] Opinion on 90/2 aperture ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Opinion on 90/2 aperture ring
From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:22:02 -0700 (PDT)
>My 90/2 Macro has an aperture ring that is
significantly louder in its
>operation than all my other lenses.  It's not the
soft click, but a
louder
>clack between aperture stops.  It doesn't affect the
operation, it
just
>doesn't feel "like a Zuiko".  Does anyone notice this
on their 90/2?
>don't have several for comparison :-).
>
>Skip

I don't have a 90/2, but my each of my lenses do have
a different feel to them, in some, a very different
feel.  50mm SC 1.4 - very soft, 50mm MC 1.8 (plastic
aperature ring) - "clinky", 100mm SC 2.8 - "smooth",
135mm SC 3.5 - tight with pronounced detents "clacky",
35-70 3.5-4.5 (plastic) - "noisy"

But they all open up easier then they stop down.

I suspect that it is due to different amounts of
spring tension and oil in the aperature system.

Marten