[OM] Digital Plastic

Subject: [OM] Digital Plastic
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:10:23 -0400
In case anyone of you were wondering about Nikon's new plastic $3400
(Canadian) digital camera (D100), checkout how small it is (next to a METAL
D1X).  Don't know how plastic made its way into everything photo.  I think
in 10 yrs. there will be no metal cameras left.  Hope no one drops a
D100!!!!

On Canada Day here in Ottawa, I saw a tourist with a Nikon Coolpix 995.  I
asked him how he liked it.  I said it was ok.  He had a 990, but threw it
out because it failed and would cost too much to fix.  Is this what
photography has become?  Use it and throw it out?

-Bill

http://www.naturfotograf.com/images/U020530282.jpg