[OM] Spacemen??

Subject: [OM] Spacemen??
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:04:15 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I was looking through an OM-4Ti manual and saw something interesting in
the
focusing screen table in the back.  For the 1-12 screen, it says:

"To focus, first correct your diopter using a dioptric correction lens or
Varimagni Finder so that each line of the double cross hairs can be seen
clearly and separately.  Then bring the Spacemen into focus."

I kid you not.

Steve Troy<

I've still got an old Honda motorcycle owner's manual that admonishes, when
riding in the rain, to brake and steer carefully so as to "avoid the evil
skid demon."

Then there's the admonition regarding pedestrians that goes this way:
"Should one heave into view, toodle him.  Should he persist, toodle him
vigorously."

I guess if he's a spaceman, he wouldn't understand toodling, vigorous or
otherwise.

Walt