Re: [OM] Going to the mat for Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Going to the mat for Olympus
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:29:15 -0400
The grumpy postman, who never rings twice, but usually five or six times,
playing a staccato call to arms on the doorbell (like he's REALLY got
something else to do) just brought a pair of virgin Olympus counter mats,
still in the original glassine protective envelope, complete with brochures
of the same provenance.  They made it here all the way from the wilds of
Ontario in just under three weeks. Wow!  I guess the dogsleds run slower
after the snow melts.  (Just kidding.  Really.)

These mats are way cool, and they're nearly an exact fit for the top two
shelves in the gun/camera safes where I store my stuff.  Now my top-shelf
gear will really be sitting pretty!

A question, though:  If, for instance, I should set a Tamron lens on one of
these mats, particularly the one with all the pretty Zuikos, appearing
almost in 3-D, showing off their greenish/magenta-tinted, multicoated front
elements, will something bad happen?  Will my Zuikos be confiscated by
angry, offended Zuikoholics?  Does anybody know where I live?

Walt