[OM] Zuiko 35 - 70mm f3.6

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 35 - 70mm f3.6
From: "Buddy Walters" <BWalters@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:00:27 -0700
Hi C.H.,
I'm not exactly sure what you would call a common problem or if many
would agree with you on this.  I have never seen a bad one, and I always
check the inside of a lens with a small flash light, even in camera
shops.

Maybe John H. can shed some light on how many he has seen with a element
separation problem.

When introduced in the early 1980's the f3.6 was very expensive and was
considered to be professional quality.  Gary Reese's reviews clearly
show the f3.6 performance is equal in his testing compared with the new
$1,200 f2.8 at almost all f stops.  I think other members have also
agreed with Gary's test reports.
I for one have been shooting the f3.6 since the early 1980's and have
been so please that I now have 3.  I have no intentions in buying a f2.8
as I just don't think it would be an improvement over the f3.6.

OK, off my band wagon now.
Buddy Walters