[OM] Re: OT ( OM ) CDROMs

Subject: [OM] Re: OT ( OM ) CDROMs
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:54:22 +0100
Ian, thanx for your Very informative piece regarding CD storage. I have an
inbuild distrust of the way certain technologies are advertised . I have a
reasonable music collection,  300+ cd's, and have recently sold all my vinyl
:-( due to lack of space. I am somewhat concerned that some of my cd's
appear "porus" ie: held up in front of a strong light source you can see
what appear to be pinholes through the disk although they still play ok.
Also on some of my cd's the protective lacquered coating has changed from
clear to a dark staw colour over time! Oldest cd's perhaps 15 ?yrs. So much
for archival pemanence !!         Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK.