[OM] ( OM ) CDROMs

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) CDROMs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:07:42 +1200
Hi folk,

I'm a little bothered to learn as of during the last two days of OM-digests,
that R/W CDROMs are so flimsy in the manner of recording. Altering a dye-
coat is what I recall.

My understanding up until that point in time was that the recording spots
were etched / burned into a layer of aluminium or some other metal -
certainly something more substantial than a layer of dye.

Are there ANY systems for recording CDROMs that actually record into
metal?  What is there to say about them?

Brian