Re: [OM] Re: Rechargable Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Rechargable Batteries
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:08:12 -0700
In a message dated 6/28/2002 John Hermanson writes:

<< Which brand / capacity of nimh have you found to last the longest?
Eveready
Energizer 1700s last a very long time in my E-10. >>

I'll have to check the brand name, but there's this one set of no-name white
1800s I have that seem to last the longest--they are always the first set
into the camera for a full day of shooting. Others I have are some Panasonic
and Eveready, both are around 1600 or 1700 rating, it seems the Panasonics
last a bit longer.

I have seen reviews on NiMh batteries in various places and one thing I
found interesting is that from brand to brand the mah ratings don't seem to
reflect real world results (kinda like tire wear ratings I guess). I gather
Maha are often regarded as the best.

It really doesn't matter much to me as long as I have all that I own fully
charged at the start of a day's shooting. If I shoot all the memory I carry
(over 200 images saved at 2.7:1)  in a day I know I'll need to change
batteries once. I don't normally need to change twice with any of them... To
me the concern is how many spares do I have, not so much how long the last.

A word of caution to E-10/20 users, the first sign of weak batteries is
flaky AF. That is a better low battery indicator than the blinking icon that
comes on later. If you use a microdrive be very careful of not letting
batteries run low (I don't use one).

OM Content: I play flash roulette and use these things in my T-32 too.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com