[OM] Black OM-1 for sale

Subject: [OM] Black OM-1 for sale
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:37:09 -0700
Dear Zuiks:

I have a black OM-1 (NOT n) for sale.  Serial Number is 1,129XXX (which
is curious, sounds like an OM-1n; perhaps the bottom plate has been
exchanged.).

The good news:

The shutter works fine.
The self-timer works fine.
mirror lock-up works.
Includes focusing screen 1-1
Includes the "Fix" Shoe (Shoe 1)
Includes a (chrome) motor drive cover and black battery cover.

The bad news:

The usual brassing of the top and bottom plate.  The top plate is pretty
good.  The bottom plate is brassed around the edges, and there are a lot
of scratch marks on the bottom plate.

The really bad new:

The meter does not work.  In fact, the entire meter assembly appears to
be missing!  Please do not purchase if you entertain the hopes of fixing
the meter yourself.  It will not be a simple broken wire/bad ground
problem.  I have used the body with a Gossen Pilot meter, and the
shutter seems to be accurate.  This would be a good body for an
astronomer, or could be "parted out".

The price:

$50 USD, plus $5 shipping to USA/Canada.  Overseas at actual cost.
Includes an Olympus body cap.  For an extra $10, I will include an
Olympus 50 mm f/1.8 "silvernose".  Lens is in nice shape, glass looks
good, aperture is snappy and free of oil.  Includes a generic front cap
and OM rear cap.  Buyer has the right to examine the item, with a
reasonable return period if you're not satisfied.

Please contact me off-list if you're interested, or have questions.  It
will go on da Bay if no one on the lists wants it.

Thanks!

Bill Stanke