Re: [OM] 75-150 focus adjustment (was OM2S Fang)

Subject: Re: [OM] 75-150 focus adjustment (was OM2S Fang)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:16:58 -0700
on 6/24/02 1:39 PM, clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Sorry, missed much of the thread, but...
>
> The front group is turned to adjust focus at infinity/tele.  Infinity/wide
> is set by loosening the screws under the zoom ring -- carefully peel off
> the grip and you'll see holes, through which you'll see one or more silver
> screw heads.  Loosen them and the frame holding the rear lens groups will
> slide back and forth.  It doesn't take much!  Then you've got to go back
> and forth, wide to tele, several times, until both are sharp at infinity.

Clint -- Does the Zuiko 100-200/5.0 adjust a similar way...? I cleaned some
spots of fungus out of one, and I think I have the focus adjusted, but I'd
check it again to be sure if I was certain how.

It appears that the very front element group screws in and out, and has two
setscrews to hold its location, and that the whole front end, including the
zooming group, moves also on the helical thread. Do I have that right...? I
couldn't see much change when I was moving the very front group by itself,
at either 100 or 200.

At least I got the fungus spots out...

Thanks,

Jim Brokaw