Re: [OM] OMers...equipment for astronomy

Subject: Re: [OM] OMers...equipment for astronomy
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:59:52 -0700
Gareth wrote and it was converted thusly to plain text:

<snip>...My scope, a Meade 8" Starfinder=20 equatorial cost me =A3850 in
1995...<snip>

Gareth,

How much is that today in USD? or better yet what is the going price for
the same on the used market in USD.

Secondly have you used the Starfinder for astrophotography?  If so what
specifics do you use for eyepiece projection to make the Starfinder work
with your OM's.

I also have a 8" Starfinder Eq with the older AC synchronous drive, but
the local weather doesn't cooperage long enough to use it visually let
alone photographically.

Thanks,

Mike Butler
Dublin, California