[OM] AE, Spot Manual, &. Program on the OM-2S (was OM2S Fang/PC Snapshot

Subject: [OM] AE, Spot Manual, &. Program on the OM-2S (was OM2S Fang/PC Snapshot)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:31:14 EDT
Wayne wrote:

>I used the PC on program a lot, and just
>realized after reading Moose's review that I never use the 2s on program.
>Now I have to figure out why. Maybe its because I'm always toggling between
>spot and aperture priority.

That's what I did all day long yesterday at the Tacoma Highland Games --
toggled back & forth between Manual Spot and AE.  Trying to take each pic in
both modes.  When I managed to muster the presence of mind to do it.  Again,
I was around pipe bands all day, so was a goner for thinking.  But I did
manage to grab a shot in each mode more often than not.

The Pierce county fairgrounds, where the games are held each year, has some
BIG ol' evergreen trees, which provide nice shade for the individual piping
competition and band warm-ups, and I wandered around in that shade all
morning with with a roll of K64 (that I wanted to use up) which was barely up
to the task at times.  It was just DARK in there.  And when I finished that
roll, the Provia 100F was just barely adequate, too, until about 10 -11 am,
when it was brighter.  Really needed one body with 200 ASA in it for the
morning and shade, and another with 100 for the afternoon and sun.  (There is
SOME logic to Zuikoholism...)

It was reassuring to switch from manual to AE and see them meter in basic
agreement, at least out in the bright sun.  The manual spot mode earned its
keep in the shady situations, I'm betting.

I'll have to play with program mode one of these days.  I really have no idea
what it's capable of, other than I know all my test shots from this OM2S's
very first roll of film, using all 3 modes, turned out pretty good (excepting
MY obvious mistakes), so it must work... somehow.  I should master AE and
program modes, so I can linger in the beer tent longer, eh?

Was a good games yesterday, aye!

Rich