Re: [OM] om2s rewind handle pin/ plus trip 35/ kiron 80-200/4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] om2s rewind handle pin/ plus trip 35/ kiron 80-200/4.5
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:59:34 -0300
> > The hinge pin on the flip over rewind handle on my OM2s keeps migrating
> > one side too far, allowing the rewind handle to tip some as it is then
> > attached only on one side. I've took it apart and put it back in place,
but
> > it keeps moving again. I'm thinking maybe the pin is too short. Anyone
else
> > experience this, or have a quick fix?
> > Wayne
> >

> Never experienced it, but you could cut a piece of a paperclip or
> straightpin a little longer and replace it. Pretty simple fix, if its a
> length problem.
> --
>
> Jim Brokaw

Well, I finally got around to fixing the OM2s tonight, making a longer pin
from a paper clip. The delay was in trying to get the camera empty. Thanks
for the tip.

I got an Olympus Trip 35 from the auction site a couple days ago ($6.80 plus
shipping). Okay, I guess you can't fang a Trip 35.  It was a little dirty,
but cleaned up nicely and works perfectly. Dustin, my nine-year-old son has
claimed it. He's having fun with it, and quickly caught on to how to set it
all. As of now I have 3 sons who have taken Olympus cameras from me, and a
wayward daughter who uses a c*n*n.

A couple days ago I received some Kodachrome 64's back, and the Kiron
80-200/4.5 shots are amazing. If anyone wants a less expensive alternative
for this length zoom, this is the best I've tried. I had some prints from it
before, but for me the real test is with this slide film.  Thanks to G.
Reese again.