Re: [OM] Looking for "body cap"

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for "body cap"
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:44:09 -0400
Me too.  I need a 50/1.8, preferably a very affordable silver-nose with
snappy aperture, no oil on the blades.  A local pawn shop showed me two
today.  One silver nose for $55 without any aperture detents.  Whaaaat?
That's worth $10, right?  I'd have bought it for that.

The second one he described as the "perfect one".  It had  very, very
sluggish aperture return and he figured it was worth $58, being perfect and
all.  :)  I thanked the nice man for his time and left, wallet intact.   hee
hee

The funniest part was when I asked him if he had any 21mm lenses for OM.
"They don't exist," he said flatly.

"Whaaaaat?" answered I.

"They don't exist in your world.  There aren't many *OF* them and they are
hard to find."

"Yeah, I know.  That's why I'm *IN* here asking for one.  I *KNOW* they're
hard to find."

He is a crotchety curmudeon like me.  I didn't even bother to ask what he
wanted for the classic McIntosh preamp and power amp housed inside the
freaking jeweler's case.  He also figured that 20 year old Fisher crap
bookshelf speakers were worth $180 per pair.  Wierd.

Lamadoo

From: "Andrew Dacey" <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>