Re: [OM] OM Lens browsing

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Lens browsing
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:50:41 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> >Thanks Thomas, Tom and Ian!
> >This is really helping! Olympus Sweden promised to notify me on Wednesday
> >with price and expected delivery date...

Well, we're here any time for enabeling the needy :)

> >Thomas, do you still have your "base camp" in Paris? That might be a good
> >place for a ZA meeting in Europe :)

Yup. Paris, France.

I live fairly central, which implies three things: skyhigh rent, small
facilities and (the most serious one) I do not have a garden to host the
meeting. I do know a number of great cafe's, though, as well as parks. To
make it better, some of the cafes are in the immediate proximity of a
street full of photo-shops (where bargains can be made, from time to
time). And, of course, Paris is full of good subjects for photography,
almost regardless of weather and season.

I also think, that there are a few other french/parisians on the list,
right?

Just make sure we plan the ZA meeting at a time when I am actually not
away.

--thomas

> >Well anyway thanks again and happy shooting!
> >
> >/ Johan
>
> Of course I have to add my 2¢. Since I got mine it stays on the
> camera all the time.  By far the most used lens that I have.  The
> others feel so neglected. Truly wonderful images and flexibility for
> almost all levels of light. Don't change your mind if you can afford
> it.
>
> It the last OM lens design by Olympus and is very modern. Popular
> Photography tested it and said that it was the best zoom lenses they
> had ever tested. Even if you change your mind this is one of the few
> Oly lenses which you can get most of your money out of if you resell
> it.  But you will keep it.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering