[OM] Texas as seen by a Texan. An interesting OM proposal!

Subject: [OM] Texas as seen by a Texan. An interesting OM proposal!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 16:31:14 EDT
For several years I have been building an OM System, selling some of my
extras, yaking it up with various folks on this list and participating in the
TOPE.  I would like to propose a photographic tour of part of my home state,
with me as your tour guide and host. I can promise a good time, good food and
a taste of Texas.  Not all of Texas as you have to remember it can take 14 +
hours to drive across the state.  What one could expect is Long Horns and
alligators, bar-b-que and biscuits, grits and grills, antique cars and boats,
wildflowers and wildlife, deer and donkeys, rivers and creeks, historic sites
and memorable times, cities and villages, cowboys and city slickers, dance
halls and opera halls and more.  If there is an interest from the list, I'll
put it together.  Which means I would plan our itinerary, make arrangements
for reasonable accommodations, transportation, and film processing.  The tour
would include Houston, Fort Bend County, historic Galveston, Kemah, the Texas
Hill Country and San Antonio.  I'm thinking 7 or 8 days with arrival on a
Saturday and departure the following Saturday or Sunday.  If there are
non-photographer spouses who would want to come we could work out some
interesting things for them to do if they didn't want to tag along with the
Zuikoheads.  Houston is a major hub for airlines and can be fairly reasonable
to get to and from.  I have traveled to many places around the world and know
there is no better way to see a place than with a native.  I was born and
raised in Texas. This would be a fun trip of photographing, getting to know
each other and sharing information with other like minded people.  When:
Second or third week of April 2004 (yes, that's right, you have 20 months to
save your nickels, dimes, and pennies).  How much: I don't know, however I
would plan it to where it wouldn't cost a fortune.  There are plenty or nice
reasonably priced accommodations and I'm sure I can negotiate a group rate.
I also have connections with the rental car companies (I'm an insurance
agent) and can get us a good rate on the rental van or vans.  Processing can
be done quickly with the local labs.  What do I need from you: First of all,
no money!  If there is an interest generated, I'll negotiate the rates and
then tell you how to make your reservations. What I do need is an indication
of potential interest, so I can start to plan.  How many: I'd love to see a
group of 20 or 30 or more from across the globe and if we 8 or 10 that would
be OK also.

If you have an initial interest I would request you answer this email on list
rather than off, so others can see the level of interest.  You are certainly
free to answer off list if you prefer.  My request is for an indication of
interest rather than a commitment.  Look forward to hearing from you'll.
Bill Barber