[OM] Bad luck on bay (?)

Subject: [OM] Bad luck on bay (?)
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:37:52 +0200
Hi!

Just got my Tokina 80-200 AT-X (about 166,- $US) from german bay.
I heard of dust inside a lens but how the hell could this happen?
http://www.1stlight.de/ebay/tokina80200.jpg

The seller told me that he did not open it but mentioned he also bought it
used (I can return it if I need).
I'm curious if there's a way the hair(?) got inside WITHOUT opening it
(maybe through zoom movement)? The glass seems ok and I wasn't able to find
any other evidence that it has been disassembled. No test shots yet but what
do you think?

Damn, no luck for me today! Checked the Zukio 21mm f3,5 (same seller, about
215,- $US) again and found that the focussing ring seems a little loose.
Turning is smooth but it can be shifted slightly against the metal mount
ring.

Man, it took me some time to find this glass here in germany, I would not
like sending it back again.
Can this be fixed for little $ or should I return both lenses?

Jochen