RE: [OM] 100/2 lens parts

Subject: RE: [OM] 100/2 lens parts
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:15:54 -0500
I have posted about this before, but this is along the same subject lines - Oly USA and "parts".

If Oly USA turn out to be as helpful for these lens parts down the road as they were for an OM MD socket cover I wouldn't count on any.

Their reply to my inquiry at the time was (in effect) "Thank you for your interest in [Oly products] ... we are sorry we can not repair ("Repair"? Who said anything about "repair"? I asked for a *part*) your item as it is too old .....".

I wrote to Oly Japan (They said, "sorry [about Oly'usa] - is your OM black or chrome?") and had the part in the mail a couple of weeks later - free.

LEE