Re: [OM] Gold 100 and Proimage 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Gold 100 and Proimage 100
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:17:18 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> You may want to try Supra 100.  It is much finer grained than Gold 100 or
> Pro Image 100 with more saturation and contrast than Portra.  (Even Supra
> 400 is significantly finer grained than Gold 100 and Pro Image 100, and
> Supra 800 is only slightly grainier, not much above the threshold for
> visual detection of relative graininess in prints.)
>
> -- John

Hi John,

You are right, I have a few rolls of Supra 400 from my Gulin trip last year,
it has very fine grain when scanned, washing out my extremely bad experience
with the Kodak Gold 400. But the color seems not so pop as the Proimage but
need more test to find out. I have never use the Supra 100, but according to
Kodak's web site it is the old formula as the Ektapress PJ100. PJ100 has
very good color but grain increases very fast with under exposure, will try
to buy a roll of Supra 100 to see if there is any different.

C.H.Ling