RE: [OM] [WTB] Oly Hood for 35-70 f4 Zuiko

Subject: RE: [OM] [WTB] Oly Hood for 35-70 f4 Zuiko
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:49:20 -0700

Hi all,

I'm looking for the Olympus hood for the 35-70/4.  I've tried pretty much
all the aftermarket hoods available in 55mm thread and they all darken the
corners of the image at 35mm.  HELP!!!

The highly curved design of this lens' front element really sucks in the
unwanted ambient side light, and since I use it predominantly for snapshots
on bright sunny days, well... you can see my dilema.

Normally I use only primes, but I REALLY like this lens for "quick 'n dirty"
shooting.

Please contact me off list if you can help.

Mike

Back when I was looking for the hood for the 3.6 I contacted Keh and the only one they had was the one for the 4.0. You might try them.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?