Re: [OM] Wolf Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Wolf Camera
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Jun 2002 17:36:35 -0500
>>> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:47:57 -0400, "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> said:

 jh> Thanks for the update.

 jh> ----- Original Message -----
 jh> From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
 jh> To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 jh> Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 4:58 PM
 jh> Subject: RE: [OM] Wolf Camera

 >> I asked the list a couple months ago about this...  the most recent Ritz
 >> catalogues show exactly zero, zip, nada Olympus cameras... digitals, P&S,
 >> you name it...  nothing.

The story I got from my local store was that after Ritz bought Wolf
they went back to Olympus to renew their sales agreement and Olympus
told them that they were a new company and they would have to
renegotiate their sales agreement like any other new retailer. And
apparently, Olympus wasn't offering as good of a deal as they had
before. So Ritz/Wolf walked away from the deal.

        Johnie