RE: [OM] 25mm extension tube...how to use?

Subject: RE: [OM] 25mm extension tube...how to use?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:15:05 -0600
> My cranky mailman just dropped off a 25mm extension tube.  On the eSIF, I
> see that it can be used with the 50mm lenses for macro work, but are there
> limitations on what other lenses one could use it with?  Would there be
any
> advantages/disadvantages to using it with, say, a 24 or a 28?

 If you use the same tube with a wider lens, you'll get more magnification.
The problem that can arise (though I think you should be fine with what
you're using) is that as tubes also bring the in-focus point closer to the
camera, you can end up with the point that's in focus actually being
_inside_ the lens, which isn't terribly helpful. You should be fine with
your setup, though; Zuiko lenses are compact, and 25mm isn't a whole lot of
extension.

 -- dan