Re: [OM] Yet another M1 on evilbay...

Subject: Re: [OM] Yet another M1 on evilbay...
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:00:52 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:23, "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>55/1.2, 135/2.8 and 35/2.8 Zuikos AND a great condition M1... but I think a
>list member is already the high bidder...lol  This one is going to go for
>ALOT I predict... no connection.

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1358083189

Those are some very nice detail pictures of the camera.  And they
show the slotted screws used on both the body and the lens, which
means they are genuinely "old" -- so the M-1 body is probably not
a fake with a replaced top plate.  I believe Olympus changed to
using "cross" headed screws (Phillips screws) when they change to
the OM-1.  Too bad the lenses are not M-SYSTEM.