RE: [OM] Cokin filters?

Subject: RE: [OM] Cokin filters?
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:24:09 -0500
I have the Cokin P series filters, and I think that they are great!  I
use it mostly for the PXL grad ND filter, but also have a gel insert for
Kodak CC filters.  Only one time did it vignette on the 35 shift at full
shift, but I could have shifted the filter also to guard against that.

Great set-up, and very useful.  Maybe a little clunky and big, but when
you need the grad ND filter, nothing else will do!

P.s.

I haven't tried it on the 18/3.5, but I will just to make sure.

<snip>

 Does anyone use these? Any thoughts on the system in general as opposed
to normal filters?

 and, back on topic, a couple of Cokin filter holders, and a stack of 7
gelatin holders in various sizes, for $10; it's got a 55mm filter ring,
so it'll go on at least some of my Zuiko lenses.

 Before I put any more money into this, though, what are people's
experiences? It looks like it won't vignette even on the 17mm Vivitar
wideangle I've got, so that, at least, shouldn't be a problem -- but in
general, do these work well?  Are they actually cheaper than buying
screw-in filters, given that presumably each Cokin one is the same as a
very large normal filter..

 thanks,

-- dan