Re: [OM] Cokin filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Cokin filters?
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:00:28 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/2002 12:53:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Does anyone use these? Any thoughts on the system in general as opposed to
normal filters?

I find the Cokins can be a lot of fun, especially the effects filters. It
didn't take me long to replace a Cokin polarizer for a "real" one (Hoya). I
still prefer regular filters for my "normal" filtering requirements
(primarily polarizers and warming filters). The Cokin system is very handy
for things like ND grads, and if you don't like their plastic filters you can
get better quality in the "A" and "P" sizes from third parties (Singh-Ray
comes to mind - expensive!).

I have a bunch of the Cokins and as I said, they can be a lot of fun.

Paul Schings