[OM] I got me an OM-2n

Subject: [OM] I got me an OM-2n
From: Michael Zimmet <mzimmet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 00:05:17 -0400
Less than a year after purchasing my first OM (an OM-1n), I'm proud to
announce an addition to my camera bag -- an OM-2n.

This is where you congratulate me, and tell me what a wonderful camera
it is (like I don't already know), and how much I'm going to enjoy it.

Picked it up via eBay, a few hours ago. (No eBay bashing, please. I've
been using it as a buyer and seller for several years, with extremely
good results.)

It comes with a 50mm f/1.8, which I really don't need, having already
acquired one of those. Maybe I'll sell off the lens, maybe keep it --
50mm f/1.8's go for so little these days that it hardly matters.

I've always liked having at least two camera bodies in my bag, just in
case. Maybe one body will break. Maybe I'll want to load color film in
one body and b&w in the other (or slides/negs, fast film/slow film,
you get the idea). And 2 OM bodies, 4 or 5 lenses, and a few
accessories, is still pretty lightweight. Not to mention, the whole
outfit costs me less than a single new body or lens in some systems I
could mention.

In a way, I regret not buying into the Olympus OM system back in 1977,
when I first considered it. I guess it's like the guy who today drives
around in a mint restored '69 GTO, but who regrets not having bought
one back when he was shopping for a new car 33 years ago.

Oh, well. The past is past, right?

(Now congratulate me again on my new camera.)
--
Michael