[OM] He's back, rested and paying for it

Subject: [OM] He's back, rested and paying for it
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 10:39:40 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the Schnozz has returned from points north.

Had a great trip, stayed nearly the entire time in the
Porcupines (except for the "payoff" night in a nice motel in
Wisconson).

Returned to a firestorm at the office.  Seems that my being away
from the office this week turned out to be a minor disaster.
Won't sleep for a few days getting things caught back up.

Cameras worked well.  Shot not nearly enough Provia and Delta.
Found a couple really cool ruins.

Tested the monopod as a walking stick.  Fine.  Worked great.  I
did augment the top with the small ballhead from my backpacking
tripod.

Last night, coming back through Iowa, I photographed a really
mammoth "Act of God" type of storm.  We were glad to have passed
through it east-to-west in the beginning minutes of it's
forming.  Got to see it grow from nothing to a
stratosphere-bumping mega-monolith.  Ate mexican food in Iowa
City, came out and it the lightening was unbelievable.
Unfortunately, the tripods were buried beneath 800 tons of
camping gear.

Speaking of food, we got Thai takeout in Marquette, Michigan.
I'm a sucker for HOT!!!! food, so I got a house specialty like
"Pork in Peanut Sauce" or some such dish.  Anyway, she asked me
how hot I wanted it.  I'm almost always disappointed by these
dishes not being prepared hot enough so I said HOT.  "Semi-hot,
hot, or VERY HOT.  I figured VERY HOT would come out to be about
right.

It knocked the wind out of me!  That was HOT!!!!

I think I'll settle with "hot" next time.

AG-Schnozz