Re: [OM] Re: Today a good day for me, too!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Today a good day for me, too!
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 01:43:24 -0400
On Wednesday 29 May 2002 08:14 pm, you wrote:

> So is this common practice?  I've never tried to be published but it would
> be nice to think I could.  Once the paper (or magazine or whatever) has the
> photo it's considered theirs?

I retain rights to anything that isn't published, according to my University
paper.  I figure thats fair, since they rarely publish the best shots
anyway...  So the paper gets first pick and once a frame is scanned and
published, it's theirs.  I don't know how it works in other places, but i'd
like to find out.