[OM] Its not a good day...

Subject: [OM] Its not a good day...
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:42:44 +0100
Andrea Wrote:

I must have a dark cloud hanging over me (maybe I should get out an orange
filter?).  Today I took receipt of a 300/4.5 off eBay from a seller that
other list members have had good luck with.  Well, the lens looked great on
the outside, but I took off the front cap and.....FUNGUS!  A big patch of
it on this supposedly fungus free lens.  I am so *bummed*.  I admit I was a
bit worried because the lens was coming from Florida, land o'fungi.

So I'm back in the market for a 300/4.5, if anyone has one they want to
part with.
- - Andrea  :(

&

Another observation: on the KEH site, the lenses are shown with what I'd
guess
is a tripod mount.  The lens I bought on eBay does not seem to have this
mount
(on rear of lens, has a little knob on one side).  Should a 300 come with
this
mount or is it just shown on the website for display purposes?
- - Andrea

>>>Yes, theres one on e-bay at the moment, about $20 or so, you should get
one
with the lens, but John Hermanson has them new for $22.

>>Sorry to hear about your 300/4.5, I take it you've sent it back?  There
have been several on e-bay lately, though that's always a risk, especially
when you've been burned already.  I'm sure OMers stateside will steer you to
a good one :) Good luck.

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon