Re: [OM] Perils of using non-Olympus lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Perils of using non-Olympus lenses
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 01:07:16 -0400
Okay.  So an "Memory" Auto reading taken through a f2 / 35, set at f/16
would demand 1/125th for ISO 125 film in daylight.  The lens is
communicating "I'm stopped down 6 f-stops." to the body and nothing more.

2   2.8   4   5.6   8   11  16
is six stops "down" from wide open

If I were to mount a f5.6 / 400, the old memorized reading "6 stops down at
1/125th" is inappropriate.  Even if I set the aperture at f/16, the camera
doesn't "see" f/16, it now sees "3 stops down from wide open" so it needs
another reading.    Thanks, Mark.

From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>