RE: [OM] OM-4T Anomaly

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-4T Anomaly
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 20:26:51 -0800
Thanks for the off-list picture, Moose!

I agree with you regarding the mechanical linkage and that there's no way it
should fire the shutter... however, further investigation with the Winder
disconnected and the camera in various positions shows I can fairly reliably
trip the shutter regardless of position. All I have to do is cycle the DOF
preview button fairly rapidly a few times (number of times varies, according
to no pattern I can discern). I'll try it again with a different lens, also.

I did note the 85/2 is a bit sluggish in the aperture blades, too. *sigh*

---
Scott Gomez