Re: [OM] BG2 Questions for the experts...

Subject: Re: [OM] BG2 Questions for the experts...
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 01:50:56 -0700
The commonly used configuration, as you can guess from the length of the M. Grip cord, is with the BG2 on the right when used with a motor drive. I know several listees have said that's how they use it. I very seldom use mine, but that's my preferred setup too.

The most important photographic factor is which way you rotate the camera for vertical shots. The flash should always be above the camera so shadows behind subjects tend to go down the wall behind them, rather than looming above them like hungry ghosts.

Once you get that much stuff together, personal preferrence should rule over any recommendations anyway. Everything on the right works best for me 'cause I don't like stuff on the left getting in the way of my focusing hand. Try using it both ways without film and see what feel best for you and which way you take vertical shots with it.

I assume the various tripod screw holes are to get proper left-right balance on a tripod with various arrangements of the bits and pieces?

Moose

Curtis P. Hedman wrote:

So how do people use the BG2? what do the five different mounting screw holes in the base plate equate to? Different bodies, winder vs motor drive? How do you handle the camera/BG2?