Reply - Re: [OM] The death of OM-3Ti (was: Olympus Items Wanted)

Subject: Reply - Re: [OM] The death of OM-3Ti (was: Olympus Items Wanted)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:46:29 +1200
Hi John,

John Hudson wrote

> There has been a brand new one sitting on a shelf in a high end photo
> dealer in Vancouver for 2 or 3 years now ..... no takers and few
> inquirers. At ~Cdn$ 2,300 it is unlikely ever to sell.

Well, in my opinion, that is a budget price for a NIB OM3T1.

Until about the end of last year,  the retail price of a NIB OM3T1 in New
Zealand was $NZ 4161, which at today's recently altered exchange rates
equates to $CAN 3025, or 31.5% more than the shop John mentions.  These
all sold quite some time ago. At the same time OM4Ti NIB listed here at $NZ
3404 = $CAN 2475. They've all gone too. Neither are available new in the
dealerships in NZ now, AFAIK.

I download the price-lists and have them on my HDD.

Brian