[OM] ( OM ) Re: digital labs

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Re: digital labs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:00:20 +1200
Hi Dave,

You wrote
>  I recently took a photo of
> my 7 mo old grandson.  I shot it with a Retina IIIc with the Schneider
> Kreuznach 50mm/2 lens at 2.8 on Portra 400VC.  The resulting photograph is
> extremely sharp.  You can count every eyelash.  The clothing texture and
> stitching is extremely sharp.  I don't think this would have been the result
> with the older technology.

 I agree. I've been considering taking photos again using the Exakta gear I've
got to see what I can get out of it these days, for exactly the same reason;
and to use some of  the wisdom I've got from this group..

Makes you wonder what brand of pop-bottle end those mini-labs use for an
enlarger lens.

Brian