[OM] Is this rubbish?

Subject: [OM] Is this rubbish?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:00:17 +1200
Hi Sam,

I think you're on an interesting track here. Why not follow it.

I believe that without the chair and coat the shot would be empty.

In my opinion what makes this shot work is the relationship of the series of
straight lines in an orientation that we are not used to having in front of our
eyes.

It's almost an abstract of the style of ? cubist painters of ? 60 years ago.

The only element that detracted for me was the kitchen mop, which placed
the shot in a real-time context that otherwise was absent.  (And since you
took the shot in such a rush it can't be helped)

Why not remove the mop and any other extraneous elements in Photoshop
or some such program, and then see how it looks?

Brian