Re: [OM] Customs Documents

Subject: Re: [OM] Customs Documents
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:35:19 -0700
Andy Gilbert wrote:

> [...]

With VAT of GBP31 and a 17.5% rate, you paid ~GBP177 ex-VAT for the lens
and that likely includes the GBP6 for excise duty assuming excise duty
is VATable. Thus GBP171 for the lens and with a GBP / US$ exchange rate
of about 1.44 : 1 you paid about US$246 for the lens compared to US$229
shown on Skip Williams' analysis of ebay prices.

The customs bill of GBP50 is just your way of thanking Prime Minister
Tony Baloney for running the affairs of state!

jh