Re: [OM] RE: USPS vs UPS

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: USPS vs UPS
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:45:34 -0700
I have known from experience that FedEx and US Postal have sent another truck
to my house AFTER the day's packages had already gone out on that day's truck.
UPS, on the other hand, has done the OPPOSITE to me. Some days I KNOW the
package is on that day's truck, but, when the driver can't complete his
entire route for the day, the package went back to the depot without a
delivery try, and went out the day after.... YMMV.

George S.

Something I have noticed recently with both UPS and FedEx since tracking on the web is available is that items are held locally until time is up on the low cost shipping. Both items were in, but not delivered. The Fed Ex tracking even had a note showing it was loaded on the truck then taken off and stored for three days because it was not time to deliver yet.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?