[OM] Dust in the lens

Subject: [OM] Dust in the lens
From: "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:34:57 -0600
Maybe someone can explain this to me.  I take great care of
everything I buy, including lenses.  I only own a few lenses -
I am only a social Zuikoinker, not a raving Zuikoholic - but
every one is crystal clear, with no fungus or dust inside.  Maybe
I'm lucky.  But in many ebay ads, the description often states
that there is "some" or "four or five speckles of" dust inside the
lens.  Just how normal is it?  Is this a sign of unclean personal
habits, or is it a case of "dust happens"?

Pete