[OM] 75-150 f4 zoom for sale

Subject: [OM] 75-150 f4 zoom for sale
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:18:56 -0700
I am reducing my collection of Zuiko lenses to a few core items. Here is
the fifth lens looking for a new home. The lens is
presently in Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I will ship
anywhere in the world. Amounts asked are in US$. In addition I will
charge packing, postage and insurance at cost. The purchaser will have
the option of choosing the method of shipment and whether insurance is
required.

I am not an eb** vendor and would prefer to deal directly with list
members

Please contact me off list if interested.

John Hudson

I do not have any images [no digital camera] but the description is as
accurate as I can manage:

ZUIKO AUTO-ZOOM 75 - 150mm f4 "silvernose" single coated  s/n 230***

Complete with front and rear caps.

Cosmetically the body shows signs of wear but by no means an excessive
amount. The focusing and aperture rings are smooth and even throughout
their rotations.

I had this lens CLA'ed less than two years ago after buying it from a
photo dealer. The repair shop reported that the slight unevenness in the
turning of the zoom ring [slips just slightly between 75 and 85 and
tightens just slightly between 85 and 150] could have been caused by the
lens having been dropped. They reported no visible impact damage,
internal or external, but did say that the unevenness in the turning of
the zoom ring was not an economic repair. They also reported no signs of
internal element separation. The push / pull built in lens hood is snug
but not tight and rotates evenly with slight and even friction.

The lens elements front and rear are free of and nicks and scratches.
When looked through from front to rear towards a bright light I see one
small internal speck or mark which might be a tiny bubble or blemish on
the glass. Other than that the glass is very clean.

Despite the unevenness of the zoom ring I have not experienced any
focusing, aperture, exposure or image problems with this lens.

Considering the potential for doubt about this lens I am asking US$50
and will ship at my cost. Any insurance will be extra.